Saturday, January 12, 2013

No turning back now.

Here I am. I made it to Denver. I have an overnight layover. My flight leaves to Houston at 6am then I go to Costa Rica from there. Sitting in an airport for 12 hours really isn't a great time. Luckily I have my iPad stocked with things for me to watch.

This morning my family came over for breakfast and to say goodbye. I cannot even begin to express how much I love all of them. They are all just amazing. I couldn't think of a better way to spend my last day in Salt Lake. I'm so lucky to have all of their support.

My mom, grandpa, and cousin/little sister took me to the airport. It was rough saying goodbye to them, especially my mom. The longest we've ever been away from each other has been a week. Life without her will be rough. P.S. I know I sound like a baby. I know what you're thinking, it's only 3 weeks! I'm trying to be brave. :)

When I was little and would go on trips with my dad, my mom would always write me little notes to open each day. I always looked forward to them. As we were walking out the door to the airport she handed me a stack of notes from her and someone that loves me for each day I'm there. I don't think she knows how much those mean to me.

Grandpa wrote me a letter for me to read today. He warned me not to drink the water and said he hopes I remembered to pack toilet paper. :) The other night he came downstairs and told me he was concerned about me going. After I told him I would be fine his response was, you're just a little girl!!! I just love him. He better expect a lot of teasing when I get home. :) I kept looking back at him as I was going through security, and he would give me a little smirk and a wink.

I guess I better go try to sleep for a little bit. 15 hours and I'll be in CR! Let the adventure begin!





No comments:

Post a Comment