All the other volunteers and I went to Manuel Antonio for the weekend. I'm going to do a couple of different posts for it because I took a ton of pictures. On Friday after we volunteered we took a cab to the Pacific side of Costa Rica. If I were to guess I would say it was about 200 miles and it took us 4 hours. Costa Rica doesn't really have freeways. They have a couple roads they call highways but they go really slow and they have stoplights. Almost the whole way we were driving through neighborhoods and little towns. Luckily I was exhausted so I slept part of the way. We had the best cab driver in the world. On the way there he stopped at this bridge and told us to walk across and look down. Once we got to the middle we saw a TON of alligators. They were all just sitting in shallow water. It was amazing. I had never seen a wild alligator before. Someone threw a piece of raw chicken in and they all went wild! After we saw the alligators he went to this little stand selling food and drinks. He bought this huge coconut water and let us all try it. It was sooo good! If course I had to get a picture if me holding it. I'm sorry it's blurry. Costa Rican roads are all terrible because they don't have money to fix them. Car rides are really bouncy.







No comments:
Post a Comment