I just finished my last day of volunteering at Los Patitos. What a crazy
but amazing 3 weeks. Those kids are amazing. They will never know how
much they have taught me. They live with next to nothing with no
complaints. At lunch time they get their food, never complain what it
is(rice and beans everyday), and quietly eat everything on their plate. I
never saw them hit each other. They all worked well together and
treated each other with respect. Walking in there every morning greeted
by 15 loud voices and big hugs made everything worth it. When I signed
up for this I never imagined it would be this amazing. I have learned so
much about myself. I am overly grateful for this opportunity.
Not only has my volunteering been amazing but the people I shared this
experience with are so special to me. I have made so many friendships
here that I will cherish forever. I could not have lasted here without
them. I feel like I have known all of them for years. It's still unreal I
leave tomorrow and don't get to see them everyday.
I decided I want to do individual posts about the kids I have felt a
special connection with. I don't want to forget the little things each
of them did to make me smile. They are the reason this has been the most
amazing 3 weeks of my life.


No comments:
Post a Comment